We are looking for an innovative senior designer that can concept, lead, and design at a high creative level. Here’s the scoop:
Combining the intimacy of a boutique marketing and branding agency with the experience and resources of a larger firm, birdsong gregory provides innovative, award-winning creative solutions to a diverse range of clients. We are now looking for an exceptional team player to join us as Senior Designer – someone who thrives when concepting and designing a variety of creative projects. We are based in a modern, light-filled studio on the edge of downtown Charlotte and fueled by collaboration, ingenuity, and candy. Without taking ourselves too seriously, we prefer to stay focused and work hard during business hours so we can maintain a healthy work/life balance.
You will be responsible for conceptualization and implementation of design solutions that meet marketing and branding strategies from concept to completion. This position requires specialized knowledge of methods and techniques of graphic design and layout. It also requires client interaction skills. You will manage an entire marketing campaign, not just the production of specific pieces. You should demonstrate a high level of proficiency in design, web and multimedia software and applications, especially Adobe Creative Suite. It is beneficial if you have knowledge of printing procedures, photography, illustration, and verbal and written communication.
You will be a proactive and confident seasoned creative – perhaps someone looking for more responsibility or simply eager to join a more intimate, lower-stress boutique agency. You will have based your career on building a strong portfolio and will have the passion, enthusiasm, and determination to take our agency to the next creative level. Ideally, you also bring the following to the table:
- 8+ years design experience.
- BA or BFA in Design, Fine Arts, Multi-Media Design (or a related field or coursework).
- Excellent eye for design and typography.
- Imaginative, well-organized, good-natured, dedicated, flexible, and passionate.
- Strong understanding of visual and experience design, typography, composition and color theory.
- Strong conceptual design portfolio.
- Advanced command of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize feedback/direction from CD to generate multiple design explorations and iterative designs.
- The ability to manage multiple assignments at the same time (including organizing and prioritizing workload, as well as working efficiently under pressure in a deadline-driven environment).
- Creative problem-solving skills that enable you to evaluate, brainstorm, and present original ideas.
- Careful attention to detail and sensitivity to version control issues.
- Solid knowledge of the print production process.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Able to articulate the creative process, thoughts, ideas and justification behind your work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, a sense of humor and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment.
- Self-motivation – you like to figure out how to get the work done instead of waiting to be told what to do.
• Compensation will be based on experience of applicant
• 40 hr/week at 52/weeks a year
• Paid via direct deposit on a bi-monthly basis
• Employee will be issued a W2
• Health insurance reimbursement
• 401K plan with match
• Generous vacation policy
• Flexible work schedule
• Free parking
• Dog friendly workplace
• Fancy coffee, Aeron chairs, and fast Macs
The Next Step
If you are interested in applying for this position, send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please understand that due to the volume of applications we sometimes receive, we are unable to contact each candidate. Please bear with us while your application is considered. And we look forward to meeting you.